viernes, 11 de agosto de 2017

Why I quit blogging

Some of you may not know but I started my blog in 2014, however I stopped blogging for more than a year.

I wrote about one of the reasons I stopped in my life update post, but that's only part of the reason.

When most bloggers start blogging, they do it, we do it because we love writing, we think we have a platform where we can do so, and potentially find people interested in what we have to say.

Photo by Corinne Kutz on Unsplash

All that sounds great but, then why did I quit?

In all honesty, I felt discouraged. I started blogging not only to find people who would love reading my “articles” but because I wanted to earn money with it. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with wanting to get paid for blogging, after all it takes a lot of work (and I'm obviously still trying to monetize my blog). But I found myself focusing too much on numbers.

I started checking every few minutes to see if the numbers increased, I kept checking adsense to see if the money increased. And for a moment it did, and it felt good but then I realized...

People are not reading because they love what I talk about, who sees my blog in reality? Who reads my words?

I'll tell you who, other bloggers, but how many of them actually read everything? Very few...

So to whoever sees this, whoever reads this... If you feel like this too, if you feel like your effort isn't bringing you anything, leave a comment down below.

And to those of you who know how to reach your audience, please help all the one's looking for help too.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario